Fungi and Lichens of the Limpopo Valley
Author: Van Der Walt
Published: December 2020
This well-illustrated easy-t-use field guide includes:
- Detailed introductory chapters for fungi an dlichens sections
- Information on more than 290 different local macro-fungi, lichen and slime mould species – including various novel species. Many of these may however, occur widely in rest of Africa and further afield.
- Chapters dealing with 15 different morphological groups.
- A succinct and descriptive text including information on the distinguishing features, ecology, distribution and edibility of species.
- English and Afrikaans common names.
- Description of families and genera
- More than 1400 colour photographs (including a dvd which allows detailed viewing) as a further aid to identification
- Detailed glossary of terms and picture glossary
- Step-by-step guide to the collection of specimens
- Map and background on the study area
- information on the early Mapungubwe civiliation