My First Book Of Southern African Insects
Published: May 2009
Children are fascinated by ‘bugs’ of all kinds, and insects are a familiar part of their everyday environment. Dragonflies and ants, beetles and stick insects, butterflies and bees are just some of the many insects that are found in the home and garden, providing youngsters with a handy introduction to the natural world.
This book presents:
- 58 of the most common, intriguing and beautiful species accurately illustrated in full-colour
- concise text and simple graphics conveying the insect’s size, when it is active and what it eats
- straightforward text for children beginning to read in their mother tongue
- parallel texts in Afrikaans, Xhosa and Zulu for older learners who wish to improve their knowledge of other languages.
- Vivid and scientifically accurate illustrations in full colour
Clearly and concisely written for children who are starting to read, but also suitable for adults to read to young children.