Published: August 2018
Nature Unpacked is the ultimate travelling companion for those visiting the southern African bush – whether for the first time or for the tenth. Much more than a field guide to the wildlife of the region, it provides insight into the behaviour and adaptation of the more common mammals, birds, reptiles, frogs, insects, spiders and scorpions that are found here. Identification of common trees and shrubs is made simple by way of easily accessible descriptions and close-up representative images.
Features that make this book a must have:
- An all-in-one guide that covers the most common mammals, birds, reptiles, frogs, insects, spiders, scorpions, trees and flowering plants found in the region.
- More than 900 stunning photographs and reader-friendly text reveal what the creatures of the African bush do and why they do it.
- Information is interpretative rather than just dry facts typical of other field guides.
- The colourful and creative layout allows the reader to engage visually with the content.
- Other features include distribution maps, animal spoor, icons and Quick ID tables.