Photo Guide to Trees of Southern Africa is an invaluable identification and reference guide to 300 of the more common tree species in the region, both native and naturalised. Features of the revised edition include:
- Descriptive accounts highlighting the most important field identification characters.
- Full-colour photographs illustrating growth form, flowers, fruit and bark of the various species.
- Up-to-date distribution maps showing the range of each species in southern Africa.
- Information on habitat preference of each species and uses by man.
- Reference to similar and closely related species and how they can be distinguished.
- Introductory chapters on biomes and trees; fruit trees; furniture and craftwork; firewood; medicinal and poisonous trees; trees and animals; architecture of trees; identifying trees.