Of the more than 5,500 mammals species worldwide, at least 1,200 occur in Africa. Stuarts’ Field Guide to the Larger Mammals of Africa concentrates on the more visible and easily distinguished larger species, as well as some of the more frequently seen smaller mammals.
This new edition has been extensively revised, expanded and redesigned and includes:
- the most recent research and taxonomy
- revised distribution maps and many new images
- colour-coded grouping of orders
- size icons
- detailed descriptions of each species, offering insight into key identification characters, typical behaviour, preferred habitat, food choice, reproduction and longevity
- whales and dolphins now featured too