Title: Trees & Shrubs Mozambique
Introductory Price: R 990.00
Published: June 2018
Mozambique is a land of immense variety of landscape and biological diversity. However, its forests and woodlands are being cleared at an alarming rate. With few exceptions, the country has no inventory of its trees and shrubs, the component that forms the web or skeleton of Mozambique's vegetation.
Trees and Shrubs Mozambique provides the first accurate and comprehensive account of the woody plants of Mozambique and their distribution and how to identify then through the use of keys, descriptions and illustrations.
Aimed at botanists - both amateur and professional - conservationists, foresters, university and secondary school students, NGOs and eco-tourists, this book covers some 1 780 species of trees and shrubs, illustrated with over 9 650 colour photographs, as well as leaf line drawings and distribution maps.
- The first book to illustrate, map and describe all the known woody plants of Mozambique.
- Covers approximately 1 780 species of trees and shrubs.
- Over 9 650 colour photographs and pen and ink line drawings.
- Mozambique's major vegetation types illustrated and briefly described.
- Conservation status of rare, endemic and threatened plants.
- The essential guide to Mozambique's rapidly dwindling and increasingly threatened woody flora.
- A guide to the trees and shrubs of much of south-eastern tropical Africa.